Sunday, June 5, 2016

Who Will Alan Jacobs Vote For?

Conservative journalist Alan Jacobs sets out (at The American Conservative) his thoughts on the election:
If you put a gun to my head and told me that I had to vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, I would but whisper, “Goodbye cruel world.” But if my family somehow managed to convince me to stick around, in preference to Trump I would vote for Hillary. Or John Kerry, or Nancy Pelosi. In preference to Trump I would vote for the reanimated corpse of Adlai Stevenson, or for that matter that of Julius Caesar, who perhaps has learned a thing or two in his two thousand years of afterlife. The only living person that I would readily choose Trump in preference to is Charles Manson.

1 comment:

leif said...

in an online quiz, i was unable to effectively differentiate statements from charles manson from those spoken by donald trump. obviously the quotes were chosen carefully, without trump's trademark superlatives and clipped structure, but, wow.

not sure if i'm allowed to put URLs here, but i'll give it a try, pasting as text rather than a crafty link.

http://gawker.com/quiz-who-said-it-a-donald-trump-staffer-or-a-manson-f-1765113381